Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Alabaster Time

It's smooth and white like the neck of an Italian marble statue
tempered, delicate, shaded creaminess flowing like white hot lava
she thinks I am desperate for her all the time
but it's her alabaster thigh travelling through my eye

yes I need her every moment
yes I want her for all instants
yes I long for her hours
yes her right now

And I will come when she beckons and beckon to her coming
I will find my way to her when she calls my name
I will be there in fashionably good time but never desperate
For my glimpse and caress of her alabaster thigh

She thinks me desperate of clocks sweet ticking
She thinks me wanting moments to pass
She thinks me longing for hands to be moving
She of the alabaster thigh

But I am not desperate for the cold marble
I am not longing for translucent stone
I want to smell her aroma lingering across her alabaster thigh
And I will be there on alabaster time

Ed, 2002

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home