Tuesday, April 12, 2005

A Wonderous Life

Love unwinds itself from my heart, finding its way out of hairline fissures, blowing it's horn and tapping its toes and I watch with perplexity
I watch myself spin and blush and I feel my body rush as I succumb to an unknown fate
My toes in this love-water have come to life like they've never been alive before, shocking, electric and exuberant, slipping further and further into the passionate springs
And my eyes shine like warm raindrops, melting into luscious glades of peace and gentleness, a soft invitation

My Olympic Iron Man has chinks in his armour - dirt on his cheek and little to offer but his warmth, his humility and a magic ability to create beauty and dream big
His horse is a mule and he carries a heavy load but my tin man sees me with eyes that truly know me,
sensing my soul like nobody else:
The stripped bare, mosaic of broken glass and beads and flowers and burnt embers that still sting
He knows and does what he can to ease my pain - because it eases his pain as well
Of course he sometimes hesitates, gauging the wind, adjusting his saddle, his shield or his strategy, but then he lets the path ahead call him onward, taking my subtle cues along the way

Reborn in love, we tread with fascination and crazy abandonment, falling into this zero gravity void and hoping like hell there is no ground rushing up to grab us
Or maybe we'll sprout wings and follow the next current - I'm sure if we don't look down, we'll be just fine
And I'm sure that this journey, whether together forever or just for a while, will bring me closer to my true self - trusting and loving just a little more, with all my sincerity, and embracing the gift of this wondrous life

1 Comments:

Blogger Bethanie Odd said...

yeeeehaw.

((sigh)))

good. good.

((sigh))

:D

4:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home