Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Sun and Moon

I look to you, the sun,
I’ve nothing to offer
but the shining waters of my soul

You see through the placid surface and into my depths
raw, tangled emotion, swirling and churning,
springing saltwater leaks
and warm teary tidal pools

I am the stillness in your in your sleep
and the passion in your loins

I need your questioning glances,
your wandering hands and your mocking grin

When I’m lost in angst
and tangled in seaweed fears,
tugging me slowly downward,

You reach out, one sure hand, taut bicep,
with all the reassurance of a warm bath,
a gentle but penetrating heat

And I know that my imagined demons
are slipping away,
withering from lack of attention

You save me over and over

And each time, I’m reborn
with vanilla breath and a shining moonlight smile,
reflecting all the sweetness of your love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home