Monday, August 23, 2004

Allowing

I look carefully and I see wave-people dancing, swirling, and crashing into one another
Moving along in tandem and then parting, headed for different shores
Life, love, passion – it all moves with rhythm and the same unpredictable flow
I try to paddle, to steer, to move towards the ideal person, place or thing
But the currents tell me it’s best to relax into the natural ebb and flow,
To let life unfold… to breathe in all new places and experiences that come along

But men have built rudders and sails, compasses and engines!
We propel, we guide, we navigate!
We reach for dreams and destinations and overcome icebergs and other obstacles!

In my heart though, I know that there is a balance –
I can shove off in the right direction but then I need to let go...
To surrender, to allow, to be buoyed along by a higher flow
Because the thing is – this higher flow often takes me places I’d never dreamed of
And I've even discovered parts of myself I never knew existed

So just for today – one new day, I venture out
With a taste for adventure and a willingness to allow.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home