Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Look at Me

When guys look my way, what do they see?
My teasing lips, a vulnerable neck or soft luscious hips?
What do they think when they're leaning so close?
Do they wonder if I'm easy - or what's under my blouse?

When I look at a guy, I wonder if he's strong
Does he know where he's headed? Does he admit when he's wrong?
When I'm standing real close, I wonder - what's between those words
I listen for charm, wit, confidence and exceptional standards

Some guys wonder if I'll add to their clout
Will I make theme feel powerful? Will I turn heads when we're out?
Maybe their friends will want to flirt with me
Will I be a good girl and smile 'No' cheerfully?

Like an unopened rose, some see just one layer of me
Yet I need so much more than to become some schmuck's eye-candy
I've got more soul, more deep earthy soul, than most men will ever begin to know
And my love's nearly mystical for those who do get close

I don't mean to be hard on the opposite gender
I know they're not all looking for a plastic bombshell, long and slender
But I'd rather be alone than become something I'm not
So shallow guys, go ahead - turn your noses up
Cause guys with any depth know there's so much more to being hot!

5 Comments:

Blogger Ones and Zeros on the Interweb said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:28 AM  
Blogger Ones and Zeros on the Interweb said...

What a marvellous discovery you are. So much drivel presents itself when I idly click the 'Next Blog' button, but then your page popped up. I am inspired. You're so frank, and talented - the poems are skilled and beautiful - the prose is tight and insightful, your thoughts ring bells. I'm a different gender - a world away, but I know where you're coming from - I've felt the same myself. I feel like I'm looking into your soul - I'm a Greek god, peering into the pool that shows me what goes on in the world - nothing is hidden.

I want to know more about you.

Fred

4:44 AM  
Blogger Bethanie Odd said...

Friend, and obviously soul sister.

This reminds me so much of the exploration Maya Angelou
went through in her most famous poem (which you probably read but just incase). You know a big part of my being in Thailand has been discovering the shell, the substance and the girth of my sensuality. How wonderful it is to feel the gift your SELF can give to a lover...

"I've got more soul, more deep earthy soul, than most men will ever begin to know
And my love's nearly mystical for those who do get close"

Echo on powerful woman... echo on!



PHENOMENAL WOMAN
by Maya Angelou

Pretty women wonder where my secret lies
I'm not cute or built to suit a model's fashion size
But when I start to tell them
They think I'm telling lies.
I say
It's in the reach of my arms
The span of my hips
The stride of my steps
The curl of my lips.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally
Phenomenal woman
That's me.

I walk into a room
Just as cool as you please
And to a man
The fellows stand or
Fall down on their knees
Then they swarm around me
A hive of honey bees.
I say
It's the fire in my eyes
And the flash of my teeth
The swing of my waist
And the joy in my feet.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally
Phenomenal woman
That's me.

Men themselves have wondered
What they see in me
They try so much
But they can't touch
My inner mystery.
When I try to show them
They say they still can't see.
I say
It's in the arch of my back
The sun of my smile
The ride of my breasts
The grace of my style.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally
Phenomenal woman
That's me.

Now you understand
Just why my head's not bowed
I don't shout or jump about
Or have to talk real loud
When you see me passing
It ought to make you proud.
I say
It's in the click of my heels
The bend of my hair
The palm of my hand
The need for my care.
'Cause I'm a woman
Phenomenally
Phenomenal woman
That's me.

7:50 AM  
Blogger Mindfull said...

Deepest thanks both of you. Knowing I've touched someone is really cool. Fred: Bethany and I have bared-all through our blogs. But what of you?... You're elloquent and intriging but rather anonymous. Come, tell us about yourself. ;-)

8:40 PM  
Blogger Ones and Zeros on the Interweb said...

Well... What would you like to know? You can read a little of my fiction here:

http://micksweeney.blogspot.com/

Or a rather down market current affairs blog here:

http://rantingoldgit.blogspot.com

It's a tabloid style and not very edifying at times.

You might not have noticed, but I let myself get carried away in the comment I made on your blog entry, 'Feel No Shame.'

Sorry about that - sometimes, enthusiasm gets the better of me.

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home