Sunday, January 16, 2005

What My Mother Never Knew - Chapter 3: First Kiss

It was about this time that I had my first real kiss. It wasn't a Truth or Dare kiss - it was a kiss with the cutest shiest boy who I thought hadn't even noticed me. We were playing hide and go seek in the dark in a friend's basement. He took my hand to show me a spot to hide and the next thing I knew we were kissing. It was a blind kiss - touch, smell and sound only. I still remember his 14 year old peach fuzz upper lip. I was only 11 but responding as a fully functioning female. His hand ripped away from my training bra as the lights suddenly flicked on. I blushed but nobody had seen us. We crawled out from under the desk and there were snickering looks in our direction. I didn't feel any different than I had prior to the kiss. But I couldn't wait for the next one.

The boy was so cute - I still remember the smell of his jean jacket. He had shoulder length curly brown hair and a penetrating smile, like he was always taking stock. He always seemed to have a smoke dangling from his mouth and pretended not to be enamoured with me after that first kiss. But I knew better. Each time we were alone, or at least hidden, he would move closer, always seeming to expect me to back away. I wasn't shy with him though, I could sense his curious longing. I kissed him once standing behind a shed while the other kids were goofing off near the park. It was the first time I'd kissed him standing up and each time my mouth met his, he let out a small gasp and his knees buckled. I actually remember trying to hold him up so he wouldn't collapse!! I suddenly came to realize a new power. I was in awe of what it did to my body as much as his though.

When I let him know I was moving out west at the end of the school year, I could see his disappointment. He said I'd lose my virginity before I turned 15. That was a generous estimate it turned out. But more on that at another time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bethanie Odd said...

I have missed your writting.

I am glad you are well. What are you doing with all your spare time now?

xo
OM

3:42 AM  
Blogger Mindfull said...

Nice to hear from you too. I've enjoyed your pictures and unique impression of the tsunami ripples in your community. I'm so glad that you're OK and there to bring light to those around you in your own wild ways! I'm sure many are appreciative...
Re: what I'm up to these days, infatuated with someone who isn't able to be involved (or ready)... planning a trip to the UK in June with my daughter and hmmmm... taming wild kittens for our local animal shelter so that they can be adopted out. Actually, we must have succeeded as they were adopted out last week to a loving home.
Thanks for your note,
PHM

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home