Sunday, January 16, 2005

You're Not Alone

It's been a long and lonely walk you've been on...

Come in from the cold and warm your aching bones
Let me share with you my gentle refuge of incense and tea.
I hear your despair, desolate heartache and disappointment with life
And your hurt rings with the stark truth of a gritty old blues tune played on an beat up six string guitar
Does it ease your suffering to know that I feel your pain and accept you completely?
When I look into your solemn eyes, I know that your hurt is no different than mine,
Backpacks full of marred childhoods, poor choices and sour lovers - so compressed that we think they've become part of us
The shame and self-disappointment becomes hidden away, like subtle quartz veins tucked within the bedrock
Know that I'm here if you want to dig, bringing light to bear on your woes
Fear no judgment here, for above all, I honour your courage, your earnestness and especially your trust in me
If you need it, please accept my soulful embrace
It won't heal your wounds but perhaps it may relieve the sting.
At the very least, it will affirm your absolute worthiness of love and compassion and leave you knowing that you are not alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home