Tuesday, July 26, 2005

FlungUndone

A stone rolls down a hill, tumbling incessantly, hurling and clamouring across the scuffed terrain.

Driven by momentum alone, I push on, no plotted destination, just over, around, clacking across the cement, the dirt, leaving only trace evidence of my passing.

My brother, watches me from the bars of his prison, with intrigue and bewilderment, at my chaotic, random decent.

A stone rolls down a hill until it drops, unable to go any further, waiting to be flung or kicked, swept away in a current or ground to dust in the shifting earth.

Head falling, spent, to my pillow, the hurling beasts are tamed for one more night. My thoughts return to my brother, unnamed, hemmed in, a watchful spectator, stone face, frozen in time.

We seem to need each other almost as much as we need to go our own ways.

My soul aches to reach out – to commune and be held. But in truth, what I need most is to feel the pull of my own destiny, the source of my passion, the flinger of my soul.

Perhaps then, I can be driven for the right reasons, anticipating the future rather than the bottom.

And finally flung undone - I'll leave the heaviness behind.

6 Comments:

Blogger Action Randall said...

"For every winter, there's a springtime ahead..."

11:44 AM  
Blogger Grampa said...

It's been said before, but it bears repeating:

"It's only after you've lost everything, that you're free to do anything."

11:46 AM  
Blogger Mindfull said...

Thanks for your thoughts... I didn't realize how dark this sounded when I wrote it last week.

I have a close friend who has been in prison for 25 years. He's helped me to appreciate many of the freedoms that I sometimes forget I have. Right now I could almost see myself selling everything, saying fuck this job, and running off to Kenya or Thailand... but I'd still have me to contend with wouldn't I?

8:44 PM  
Blogger Grampa said...

Yep, that's the problem. Whereever you go, there you are.

Hope you have been well. I have finally taken the reins over at the lunatic fringe website, but I have been so busy with life and health issues that I haven't had time to write anything.

Stories to follow.

5:26 PM  
Blogger Mindfull said...

Yes. I do think we all feel alienated in one way or another, separate and unrecognized to varying degrees. I also think this is complete bullshit - it's the big lie that keeps me feeling small, unworthy and unloved.

10:51 PM  
Blogger Mindfull said...

And I'm looking forward to your first blog-post!

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home