Monday, May 30, 2005

My Ghost

Yesterday I was alone with my lover for the first time
Five months of subtle touches, knowing glances and low conversations
And for the first time, there were no eyes, no cameras, no questions
Just him and me, holding one another and feeling awkward yet closer than ever
I lifted my heels and kissed him, tasting his lips, nibbling playfully at his mouth
And then just as suddenly, nervousness overcame me and I pulled him by the hand
Let's go back to the conference
There's a crisis that's emerged and I'm sure they'll be looking for me soon

We walk back into the registration area, parting without a word or a glance

This is surreal - I do love him though
I'm just frightened of failure, or maybe just of ending up alone again
Honestly though, being with a ghost is kind of like being alone most days
And yet I'm wise enough to know that I'm never alone... and sensitive enough to feel the eternal connection to the teeming life all around me and all around the planet
This will all work out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home