Friday, January 21, 2005

What My Mother Never Knew #5: Halleluiah!!

The night after that first joint we wandered the neighbourhood in a daze, awake and dreaming. Of course we thought this was God's gift to humanity - and it was so much gentler than the inhalant we'd been using previous weeks. We were at the playground, still children in so many ways.
Are you high?
I don't know, are you?
I feel like I'm dreaming...
My friend definitely was not herself as she took her shirt off and went down the slide in her bra. I laughed hysterically. The rest is a blur but I recall it being one of the most freeing experiences of my life. I struggled with shyness and shame. I'd been through so much by the time I turned 11 - the grass set me free from all my anxiety, it allowed my inhibitions to slip away. I let them melt into the sand at that playground. It was as if I'd been reborn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home