Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Hearts on Fire

Lovers apart, soul-linked but unfulfilled
Waiting, in limbo, on the edge of a precipice... or an oasis

I held your hand last week and you warmed up, ready to run, but staying with me and revealing your truth

And I sat quietly with my doubts, letting them drift gently out to sea with the salty off-shore breeze

The buzzy warm glow I feel is almost palatable, an effusive radiance, moving like the waves of mellow heat from a nest of embers

I can sense our growing soul-connection - feel it in my skin and breath, instinctively nurturing it like a sleeping babe, safe and comfortable in a mother's arms

For a moment the other day, I forgot myself, letting my lips find you and reveling in the friendly reverbrant sting from your five o'clock shadow

I know we agreed to contain this for the time-being, or discourage it, or not encourage it

But can this kind of longing be denied? Can it be told to wait for a better time?

The 'unknowns' have settled in - taking only a peripheral seat in my consciousness, now a dull-edged threat

I'm ready to accept the odds for now - I'm prepared to take whatever bitter pills that fate dispenses later, if that's where this road leads.

Perhaps though, it may lead us toward something more hopeful, something that's right

Either way though, I'll have lived fully
and if I'm lucky,
I'll have loved well

2 Comments:

Blogger Ones and Zeros on the Interweb said...

Maybe you stand on the brink of something exciting - fulfilling even. Will you be so creative then? Is yearning the engine of creativity?

12:45 AM  
Blogger Mindfull said...

Thanks Fred, and yes, longing births all sorts of strange and wonderful anomolies. I'm sure it fulfills my need to effusively romanticize things that are probably ordinary to many!

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home